The Ortofon OMT 30 cartridges
The OMP 30 is a magnetic cartridge (MM) with an nude, fine line cut stylus, based off of the proven and time-tested OM series.
The P-mount OMP 30 has been designed for tonearms with T4P mounting sockets, the plug-in attachment system first introduced by Technics and adopted by Sony, JVC, Grundig and many other manufacturers. The OMP model requires no change in mass for the simple reason, that its mass is precisely what is specified for tonearms with T4P mounts.
- Pickup type: MM
- Fixing: T4P
- Output voltage: 4.0mV at 1kHz, 5cm / sec.
- Amplifier connection: Phono MM
- Frequency range: 20-29,000Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20,000Hz + 2dB / -0dB
- Compliance: 25µm / mN (lateral)
- Needle: diamond, nude, fine line cut r / R 8 / 40µm
- Tracking force: 1.0-1.5g
- Recommended tracking force: 1.25g
- Recommended terminating resistor: 47 kOhm
- Recommended final capacity: 200-500pF
- Weight: 6.0g
The system is supplied as a bulk set, i.e. you will receive the system body together with the needle in a compact plastic box.
All OMT models have the same body, construction and magnetic circuit. The only difference is the exchangeable needle carrier unit, i.e. you are welcome to start testing with this system and “upgrade” to OMT 40 at any time.